Personal Information :
The user can visit Pediatric Oncall site "Parents corner and kids corner" or Medical Calculator App without registering, or providing any personal information. However, if a medical or paramedical person wishes to access the doctor's side on the site or Pediatric Oncall App, or a parent wishes to ask a query on PARENT CORNER of site or access VACCINE REMINDER APP, then the user has to fill up a registration form to provide certain personal information. The user can also choose to give Pediatric Oncall site and apps personal information such as name and email address by filling in the query or the feedback form so that Pediatric Oncall may correspond with the user if the user wants information. Our site's and apps' registration and query form requires users to give us personal information such as their name, email and demographic information such as their address and telephone number. The user's personal information is used to contact the visitor as and when necessary. This personal information also allows us to inform you about updates to the service and further additions on Pediatric Oncall. We maintain this information as private to the best of our ability. Pediatric Oncall does not sell email addresses of registered users, share user information with an advertiser or a partner web site
Pediatric Oncall uses aggregated user demographic information gathered through server statistics to attract possible advertisers and partner web sites. This is necessary for Pediatric Oncall to remain a free and public service.
Children's Privacy :
- helps us dynamically generate content on Web pages or in newsletters,
- allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our Website or app and selected sponsors' sites,
- how many people open our emails, and
- for what purposes these actions are being taken.
Pediatric Oncall does not collect personally identifiable information from any person we know is a child under the age of 13.
Disclosure of Your Information :
Disclosure to Pediatric Oncall Operations and Maintenance Contractors :
- to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search; warrant, subpoena or court order; or
- in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights. In the eventthat we are legally compelled to disclose your Personally Identifiable or Personal Health Information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information as described below.
Disclosure of Aggregate Information :
Pediatric Oncall operations and maintenance contractors sometimes have limited access to your Personally Identifiable Information in the course of providing products or services to Pediatric Oncall. These contractors include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content for the operation and maintenance of our Web site or app. Unless you have Opted-out of receiving emails and newsletters from Pediatric Oncall, these contractors also may have access to your email address to send newsletters or special promotions to you on our behalf or to send emails to you for purposes such as conducting market research on our behalf. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for Pediatric Oncall. We also contractually require that our operations and maintenance contractors
- not use or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose other than providing us with products and services as required by law.
Pediatric Oncall may provide Aggregate Information to third parties. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our website or app and the activities they conduct while on our site or app. We require parties with whom we share Aggregate Information to agree that they will not attempt to make this information personally identifiable, such as by combining it with other databases.
How Pediatric Oncall Handles Privacy and Security Internally :
Limitations on Removing or Changing Information :
Here are some of the security procedures that Pediatric Oncall uses to protect your privacy:
- Requires both a personal username (log-in name) and a password in order for users to access their Personally Identifiable Information or Personal Health Information.
- Uses firewalls to protect information held in our servers.
- Utilizes Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption in transmitting Personally Identifiable Information to our servers.
- Closely monitors the limited number of Pediatric Oncall employees who have potential access to your Personally Identifiable Information.
- Backs-up our systems to protect the integrity of your Personally Identifiable and Personal Health Information
Despite Pediatric Oncall's efforts to protect your Personally Identifiable Information and Personal Health Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted.
Upon your request, we will delete your Personally Identifiable or Personal Health Information from our active databases and where feasible from our back-up media. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to Pediatric Oncall from our servers.
Business Transitions :
In the event Pediatric Oncall goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Effective: July 27th, 2008
Last updated: 30th March 2013
©2008 -2013 Pediatric Oncall. All rights reserved.