Translate this page
EASY STEP FOR CHILD ADOPTION
Easy Step for Domestic Adoption(Known as In-Country Adoption) in India:
- Contact a Recognized Placement Agency or Voluntary Coordinating Agency (VCA) or Shishu Greh (SG) in your Area
- Get Registered with any of the Agencies.
- The agency will do a Home Study Report (HSR) after registration (maximum time 3 months) and if ok then you will be listed in the potential lists of adoptee.
- The agency will then match a child and parent. Be patient during this time.
- All agencies will do medical check-ups for the children before adoption.
- Adopt only from a recognized / licensed adoption agency or Recognized Adoption Placement Agency.
- Obtain a copy of the receipt of your Registration with the Adoption Agency.
- Get back if you do not hear them within 10 days after Registration regarding your Home Study.
- Do not adopt from Nursing Homes or Hospitals directly, as it is illegal and render you liable to legal action.
- Don't succumb to the demand for unreasonable adoption fees or "donation".
- Do not neglect or abandon the child in future.
- A Single parent, especially a single woman cannot adopt.
- There should be a minimum difference of 30 to 40 years between parent and child.
- A single parent has equal legal status to adopt a child.
Specialist Answers On Adoption in Children
The information given by www.pediatriconcall.com is provided by medical and paramedical & Health providers voluntarily for display & is meant only for informational purpose. The site does not guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of the information. Use of any information is solely at the user's own risk. The appearance of advertisement or product information in the various section in the website does not constitute an endorsement or approval by Pediatric Oncall of the quality or value of the said product or of claims made by its manufacturer.