Translate this page
CHILD ADOPTION GUIDELINES
- Contact a Recognized Placement Agency or Voluntary Coordinating Agency (VCA) or Shishu Greh (SG) or Child Welfare Agency in your Area
- Get Registered with any of the Agencies. Your registration cannot be refused if you are eligible for adoption.
- The Child Welfare Agency will depute their social worker for a home visit to conduct a study (known as the home study) about the various aspects of your family to decide the suitability for placement of a child with you.
- Your Home Study Report (HSR) must be initiated within the shortest possible reasonable time after registration (maximum time 3 months).
- The agency will then identify a suitable and compatible child for you.
- The social worker will arrange for you to see the child that has been identified for you.
- The agency, thereafter, will make available particulars of the child (known as child study report) to you for your approval and acceptance.
- Before acceptance of your child, you are entitled to have a complete medical check-up done of the child. This is your right even though all agencies do medical check-ups for the children.
- The agency will assist you with all the legal formalities and put you in touch with a lawyer who will file the relevant papers in court. After consideration of the application, supporting documents and the report submitted by the scrutinizing agency, order would be issued by the court granting you permission to adopt the child.
Specialist Answers On Adoption in Children
The information given by www.pediatriconcall.com is provided by medical and paramedical & Health providers voluntarily for display & is meant only for informational purpose. The site does not guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of the information. Use of any information is solely at the user's own risk. The appearance of advertisement or product information in the various section in the website does not constitute an endorsement or approval by Pediatric Oncall of the quality or value of the said product or of claims made by its manufacturer.