Translate this page
CHILD ADOPTION GUIDELINES
- Adopt only from a recognized / licensed adoption agency or Recognized Adoption Placement Agency
- Obtain a copy of the receipt of your Registration with the Adoption Agency.
- Get back if you do not hear them within 10 days after Registration regarding your Home Study.
- Do not adopt from Nursing Homes or Hospitals directly, as it is illegal and render you liable to legal action.
- Don't succumb to the demand for unreasonable adoption fees or "donation". Payment of donation is not compulsory and MUST BE VOLUNTARY.
- Do not neglect or abandon the child in future
- A single parent has equal legal status to adopt a child.
- For married couples, the minimum age is 22, but their combined ages can be no more than 90 years older than the age of the child they are adopting.
- Parents under age 32 may adopt children under 18 months
- Parents over age 32 may adopt children over 18 months
- Neither parent can exceed 55 years of age.
Adoption procedures are different for NRIs. You may have to contact an ADOPTION AGENCY to help you with the formalities. Except for adoption by Hindus, Indian law has no provision for adoption. Children are placed under guardianship of adopting parents to exit the country, and adoption must take place in the parents' home country.
Last updated on 01-12-2005
Specialist Answers On Adoption in Children
The information given by www.pediatriconcall.com is provided by medical and paramedical & Health providers voluntarily for display & is meant only for informational purpose. The site does not guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of the information. Use of any information is solely at the user's own risk. The appearance of advertisement or product information in the various section in the website does not constitute an endorsement or approval by Pediatric Oncall of the quality or value of the said product or of claims made by its manufacturer.