ISSN - 0973-0958
   
 
A case of unknown button battery ingestion presenting as recurrent respiratory infections and resulting in severe esophageal injury, tracheal compression, and vocal cord paralysis
Stephanie Schroter, Stacey Ulrich.
Emergency Department.
 
Abstract

Foreign body ingestions in the pediatric population are often un-witnessed making them difficult to diagnose in the young child. Button battery ingestions can cause significant tissue damage in short periods of time and thus need prompt identification and removal. This case report discusses button battery ingestion presentation, management, and consequences.
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Disclaimer: The information given by www.pediatriconcall.com is provided by medical and paramedical & Health providers voluntarily for display & is meant only for informational purpose. The site does not guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of the information. Use of any information is solely at the user's own risk. The appearance of advertisement or product information in the various section in the website does not constitute an endorsement or approval by Pediatric Oncall of the quality or value of the said product or of claims made by its manufacturer.
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0