Question of the Week

Question :
Posted On : 26 Jun 2022
Is there any drug that can be used for decerebrate and decorticate posturing apart from managing the primary problem and this posturing persists?
Expert Answer :
Drugs used to treat upper motor neuron spasticity can be used. These include baclofen, tizanidine, cloanzepam or diazepam. Seizures or raised ICP causing persistent posturing should be ruled out. Intrathecal Baclofen pump can be considered in chronic survivors.
Answer Discussion :
Ross Williams
1 year ago
1 year ago

Disclaimer: The information given by is provided by medical and paramedical & Health providers voluntarily for display & is meant only for informational purpose. The site does not guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of the information. Use of any information is solely at the user's own risk. The appearance of advertisement or product information in the various section in the website does not constitute an endorsement or approval by Pediatric Oncall of the quality or value of the said product or of claims made by its manufacturer.
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0